Skip to content

I Don’t Know What To Call This

March 10, 2011

I found this on a branch in our front yard, but I don’t know what it is. Some kind of fungus I guess. I always wonder what would happen if I were to eat the mushrooms we find in our yard, but I’ve never been brave/stupid enough to try it. I do know that sometimes the squirrels get all wobbly and disoriented after munching on some of them. So, I’m gonna go ahead and stick to taking a picture of it instead of purposefully ingesting something that could potentially be really toxic.

Might want to click on the pictures to enlarge them.

UPDATE: Apparently it’s something called a ‘Jelly Fungus.’  Huh. I’m still not gonna eat it.

Advertisements
2 Comments leave one →
  1. Teresa permalink
    March 13, 2011 7:51 pm

    Check out the Wednesday: 27 December 2006 entry on this website. The fungus looks very similar.

    http://sparkleberrysprings.com/v-web/b2/index.php?s=pondhawk

  2. March 13, 2011 9:17 pm

    You’re right! It’s pretty neat!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s